Family Law for Paralegals, 7E is a comprehensive text for family law, offering complete coverage of the basics of family law,
combined with historical context and insight into topics of current interest. This thoughtful and carefully written textbook offers the
nuts-and-bolts of the law, framed in historical context and include exposure to some of the most dynamic issues in family law today. The text’s comprehensive coverage includes basic coverage of the issues of marriage and divorce, as well as cutting-edge issues such as non-marital families, child abuse and neglect, child support and custody, and same-sex marriage.
- Detailed treatment of Supreme Court decision in Obergefell v. Hodges striking down bans on marriages between same-sex partners on federal constitutional grounds
- Added discussion about emerging recognition of domestic violence as a human rights violation
- Discussion of expanded protections under the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 for both Native
- American women who are abused by non-Native perpetrators and same-sex victims of abuse
- Expanded section on interstate child support cases, with new material on international support actions under a recent
- Hague Convention
- Expanded section on post-majority child support focused on enlarging parental obligations to correspond to the new
- reality of today’s young adults
- An added section about some of the continuing ambiguities/complexities of interstate child custody cases
- under the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act
- A new section on the Deployed Parents Custody and Visitation Act
- A new section on e-mediation
- A new section on the Indian Child Welfare Act that is intended to reverse historical disregard for tribal relations of Native Peoples
Specification: Family Law for Paralegals (Aspen College)
Amazon.com Price: $32.18 (as of 08/04/2023 21:44 PST- Details) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.